We are CryptoGuise (referred to as ‘we’ throughout this notice).
This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It additionally explains how we store and handle that data, and keep it safe. It details how we will use your information, who we might share it with, your rights about use of your information and how you can control what personal information we collect from you.
This privacy notice is applicable when you make contact with us either via email, telephone or post, or by using our website in any kind of way
We hope the following information will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. What sort of data do we collect?
We may collect the following information about you:
- Your name, gender and age / date of birth
- Any contact details, including your delivery and billing addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses
- Which device and internet browser or application you used when placing an order with us or browse our website, including your IP address
- Marketing preferences
- Any survey responses, comments, interests and feedback
- Any communications and correspondence with us
- Any data you make publicly available, such as your social media handle or other information you may share on public social media platforms and any other public platforms
In many instances you are providing data and information you knowingly provide to us, e.g. when an order is placed, your shipping and billing address, phone number and email. Cookies collect some data indirectly , e.g when your browse our website, this data helps us to understand your browsing experience.
In cases we collect additional data that is publicly available to help with market research and to help better our business. Even in some rare cases, we may request additional data from you such as forms of ID, to prevent fraud and suspected illegal activities.
2. How and why do we use your data?
General uses of your data
- If we don't collect data on any orders made using our website or a third party app (e.g facebook shopping) during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations
A common example would be the delivery courier, who needs to know your address and some other details in order to deliver your order to you. e.g. in order to deliver the product your details may need to be passed to a third party, and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfill any contractual and legal obligations we have.
-Any responses to your queries, refund requests and complaints. We also may keep a record of past correspondence / communication and any future correspondence / communication. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service possible.
- For research and development, to improve our products and services and better understand what you want and your user experience
- To comply with any legal rights or duties we have that may need us to disclose your information, e.g. when information is requested by a public or legal authority This could be in relation to fraudulent activities or other suspected illegal activity.
- To manage any accounts you hold with us
- You can easily opt out of email marketing by using the ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ button that is at the bottom of every promotion email that is sent.
- Opt out of postal, email and text message marketing is available by contacting customer support at email@example.com where you can inform us of any changes you want us to make for you.
Sometimes we might also analyse your purchase history with us to serve you with the best possible product recommendations and services. For example, if you are subscribed to our email marketing, you may receive an automated email that’s relevant to you and products you might like. You can unsubscribe from these emails using the above instructions under the direct promotional communications header.
3. Sharing data with third parties
Sometimes data needs to be shared with trusted third parties, eg delivery couriers and applications we utilise on our website that help with your overall experience.
Below is the policy we apply to organisations, to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information needed to perform their specific services, i.e your email address to send you a shipping update
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times
Some of the main examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support and help our website
- Delivery couriers
- Google / Facebook and other websites across the internet to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing. This is based on either your acceptance of cookies on our websites or your marketing consent.
We may also share your data with other trusted third parties, such as:
- Business purchasers and acquisition, marketing and business advisers / agencies.
- Solicitors and other legal advisers or crime prevention agencies
- Government bodies and law enforcement agencies, insurers or courts when we are required to do so
- For your protection and of our employees and directors
Your data will never be shared with third parties for their own purpose. We only share data with trusted third parties that assist us in providing you with our goods and services or help us better our business and customer service.
4. The legal basis we rely on
Data protection law states a number of reasons for a company to collect and process personal data including:
- In certain situations, we are able to collect and process your data with your consent, although you have the right to withdraw from these forms of marketing at any time. e.g you can untick the box consenting to data collection.
- In some circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations for the purpose of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract or the sale of goods or services to a customer. e.g If you order an item from us for delivery, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
- If required by the law, we may need to process and collect your data. e.g. we are able to pass on details of any fraudulent or criminal activities to help protect our customers and employees.
5. How do we protect your data?
Data security matters to all of our customers and therefore it matters to us, we treat your privacy and data care and we take appropriate steps to protect it.
Any access to your personal data is protected by password and more sensitive data such as payment data is not visible to anyone at CryptoGuise, therefore we are unable to take orders over telephone.
Our systems are regularly monitored for vulnerabilities and we always endeavor to identify ways to further strengthen security.
6. How long do we keep your data?
We only keep your data we have collected for as long as necessary for its purpose.
When the retention period comes to an end, your data will be deleted completely or anonymised.
Examples of customer data retention periods include:
We will keep the personal data you give us when you make an order so we can comply with our contractual and legal obligations.
Accounting, regulatory requirements and specific laws
A few of these laws require us to keep you data, such as your name, address, and contact details for a certain period of time. We will not keep your data for longer than we need to or are legally obliged to.
7. Where will your data be processed?
Sometimes data will need to be shared with third party service providers outside the European Economic Area (EEA), such as Australia or the USA. This is done so under data protection laws.
Any data from orders made outside the UK will be collected from our main offices in the UK.
8. How can you help protect your data?
Any data shared online you should be careful sharing; please note we will never ask for any bank account logins or any full account details.
You can always check with us if you are unsure of anything by contacting our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Know your rights
An overview of your different rights
You are able to request:
To ask for your information, please contact email@example.com to ask for your information to be amended or updated.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have every right to change your mind and withdraw consent.
You have the right to stop us using personal data for direct marketing for any or all channels.
Checking your identity
All information is confidential, to ensure this we will ask you to validate your identity before proceeding any request to retrieve any personal data
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful for you to understand why we use your data and the way we control it, and also your rights.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be passed onto the relevant department.